Let’s face it, top IT skills are where the future’s at! If you’ve got some expert technological skills, 2022 is going to feel more secure for you. With more and more people working remotely, the IT field has really opened up and there are a lot of top tech skills that are in high demand in the job market. If you are not sure on what you should focus then here are top 10 tech skills to have in 2022 on your resume.
1. Cybersecurity – If you’ve been paying attention to the news, you know that data breaches have cost companies millions of dollars in fines. Cyber crimes are on the rise and companies need professionals with slick IT skills to protect them from hacking, phishing, viruses and ransomware. This is where Cybersecurity engineers come in. This field is growing as all companies now have an online presence and need to safeguard their data. If you like saving the world from unethical hackers, this could be the field for you!
2. Augmented Reality (AR)/Virtual Reality (VR) – This is a fast-paced sector which requires those with great technology skills to constantly help improve it. The AR/VR requirement isn’t just for video games anymore, because it’s also being used by the educational, health and advertising sectors.
3. Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Also referred to as Machine Learning, AI doesn’t have as many people with top IT skills as the field requires. This means if you brush up your competency, you could get a well-paying job that isn’t going to become outdated anytime soon.
4. IT Support/Network Administrator – When the pandemic hit, everyone had to work from home and many companies are still keeping it that way. This means that a lot of employees who aren’t tech experts need remote IT assistance. There are 1st line, 2nd line and 3rd line support jobs you can get depending on the level of your computer skills. If you’re good at LAN/WAN protocol, software, and hardware, you can become a Network Administrator for a company. These jobs require good communication skills because you’ll basically be troubleshooting for those who have limited technological skills.
5. Cloud Computing – This sector is projected to rise in the coming years as more users switch to cloud technology. A more recent entrant in the field is Amazon Web Services, and you can be sure if Amazon does it, other companies will follow suit! There are several benefits of cloud solutions, such as price and greater security.
6. Data Science – Data scientists use machine learning, artificial intelligence and predictive modeling to manage and interpret the large amount of data that companies collect. This in turn helps companies to make wiser decisions for the future. According to a report by Future of Jobs, Data Scientist is going to be the most in-demand job of 2022! Along with good IT skills, you should have strong math skills as well since you will be dealing with vast amounts of data.
7. Business Intelligence (BI) Analysis – We know that companies are all about revenue and that’s why they need BI developers. These tech professionals help companies go from average performances to accelerated growth by using advanced visualizations, dashboards, data integration, etc. Companies around the world are looking to add these top IT skills to their business strategy to ensure they can boost their performance and leave the competition eating their dust! So if you like data analysis and communication, this could be the job for you!
8. UI/UX – According to a report by Dice, UI/UX job growth is expected to rise by around 14.9% over the next decade. All companies realize the importance of building a more engaging user experience to ensure continued success. For this they need workers with top tech skills to join their UI/UX teams. While some areas of this field will surely become more automated in the future, the core experience will still require human input. Since this is going to be an in-demand sector for the foreseeable future, several companies are ready to pay top dollar for the right candidates.
9. Mobile Applications Development – As you already know, smartphone use is on the rise across the world, and that means that more and more people are using mobile apps every day. In many countries, it has become challenging to find mobile app developers because the field is growing at a tremendous rate. With most industrialized countries having 90% mobile phone ownerships, there are many companies that are investing in apps and need people with good tech skills to ensure they can rise above the competition!
10. DevOps Engineering – For this role, you need to be able to combine software development and IT operations with an aim to have continuous delivery with high software quality. You have to work with software developers, SysOps and nearly all IT staff to ensure all codes are released and deployed correctly. The top IT skills you’ll need for this job include coding, scripting, Linux, UNIX, Git, Jenkins as well as good communication and problem-solving skills. This is also a high-paying and stable job so it’s worth the additional effort it requires!.
Last modified: December 5, 2021