Instagram Reels, introduced by Meta in 2020, has quickly become one of the most popular features on the platform. These short videos, inspired by TikTok, allow users to create and share engaging content of up to 60 seconds in length. Now, Instagram has made it even easier for users to enjoy Reels by allowing them to download and save videos shared by others. In this article, we will guide you through the simple steps to download Instagram Reels on both Android and iPhone devices.
Downloading an Instagram Reel is a simple process that doesn’t require any additional third-party apps or software. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. Find the Reel that you want to save and open it.
3. Tap on the Share icon, which is usually located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Select the option to add the Reel to your story. This will create a temporary story with the Reel.
5. Zoom in on the preview of the Reel to make it full-screen.
6. Next, tap on the three-dot menu at the top of the screen.
7. From the menu, choose the “Save” option to download the Reel to your device.
8. Finally, discard the story that you created earlier. The downloaded Reel will still be saved on your device.
When you download an Instagram Reel using this method, you’ll notice that it doesn’t have the Instagram watermark and it displays the username of the account that posted it. It’s important to note that currently, only Reels shared from public accounts are eligible for download. Reels shared from private Instagram accounts cannot be downloaded. Additionally, users with public accounts have the option to turn off the ability to download their Reels in the app settings.
In June, Instagram head Adam Mosseri announced that users in the US would be able to download Reels shared by public accounts directly to their camera roll. Prior to this update, users could only share Reels on public accounts through their Stories or via chat. To download a Reel, users simply had to tap on the share icon and select the Download option from the menu. In the image shared by Mosseri, the Download option is seen at the bottom menu along with options to Add to Story, Share, and Copy Link.
With the ability to download Instagram Reels, users now have more flexibility to enjoy and share their favorite content. Whether you want to watch a Reel later or share it with friends outside the app, downloading Reels is a convenient feature that enhances the overall user experience.
In conclusion, Instagram has made it easier than ever to download and save Reels shared by public accounts. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can quickly download your favorite Reels without the need for any third-party apps or software. Enjoy exploring the world of Instagram Reels and let your creativity shine!
Last modified: November 23, 2023